Friday, September 2, 2011

Jericho

This week was really hard.  There were several days in a row where I came home just feeling worthless and exhausted.  God continues to use the avenue of my job to push lies in my mind to the surface and to reveal truth as well.  I'm not even going to give voice to the list of lies at this point, but here are some key truths that I have always professed to be theologically correct, but I must now admit that I have never really believed as shown by my practices and habits.

He will never leave me or forsake me.  (Heb 13:5)

He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.  (Heb 11:6)

He will give me wisdom as I ask without finding fault.  (James 1:5)

He will forgive me of my sins AND cleanse me of all unrighteousness.  (I John 1:9)

He will tell me when I go to the left or the right and come behind me and say, "Hey, over here!  This is the way, walk in it."   (Isaiah 30:21)

I now know and admit that I don't yet fully believe these things because when God challenges me with a thought of doing something crazy, you know like praying for the sick to be healed, fear is my first response.  I recognize this fear as a work of the enemy.  Just like the Israelites, I become like a grasshopper in my own eyes, but no longer.  I don't care how scared I feel, I will choose the path of courage.  I will be afraid and do it anyway.

My experiences this week feel like walking around those intimidating walls to the jeers of the residents of Jericho.  It hurts just to hear those lies about me and about Him.  It makes me feel so powerless, but I know that I am walking in obedience to the Lord and following his right now plan for my life.  I also know that those walls are getting ready to implode.

The very same walls that served as that source of intimidation became a part of what crushed the enemy.  That's about to happen in my life.

That is going to be so great when the reward comes.  When I enter into the revelation that these truths are actually reality.  Jericho is like my unbelief, and it is only the beginning.

Jericho is not even where I am meant to dwell.  It's just a place to kill giants while praising God.  A place to  serve as a reminder of the glory of the Lord and how He fights for and delivers His children.  The real blessings are far beyond, much deeper into the promise.  I'm ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment