Saturday, August 27, 2011

Why I LOVE Sleeping Giant

I recently ran across a website called HOPECORE.  I noticed that they had interviews with several of my favorite bands that seemed deeper than usual, so I have spent a bit of time recently checking into them.  I want to share one of the questions and answers from one of the interviews with JR Bermuda, the bass player from Sleeping Giant.  You can check out the entire interview here.  

This is the last Q and A from that interview entitled, "Worship is not Music."


This is Sleeping Giant’s third album. Personally, I’ve seen you guys put on one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen, I’ve seen you pray with kids for hours after shows, I’ve seen God use you to heal the sick and I’ve seen people baptized and saved at your shows. What has God been doing in your heart over the lifespan of Sleeping Giant that you just can’t not share with people?

JB: A few profound revelations I have received while playing and touring with the band have changed my life forever. 1. The Holy Spirit IS God. For too long we have seen churches and people groups who make the power and ministry of the Holy Spirit an unacceptable thing within their culture. You cannot have God or Jesus without the Third. They are inseparable. 2. Worship is not music. Worship can be anything from painting to feeding the poor. Worship is the natural response to the love of Jesus. Some people create. Some people sing, others will love other people as a result. Whatever it is, it will cost you something. Worship is sacrifice. 3. Let your faith embrace the idea that God will back you up. Pray for the sick, raise the dead. Heal internal wounds. God has given you the power and ability through the Holy Spirit, and he will do it through you. Go for it! Finally, and most importantly- Waste your life on Jesus. Go in the room, and lock the door. Get alone and spend hours loving him. There is no greater activity in the world. I promise you.

By the way, this is one of the two guys that I had the privilege to see praying for people and healing them after one of their Q and A sessions at Cornerstone. The passion that he walked in rocked my world.  If you ever get the chance to see these guys live or talk to them after a show, Do It!  Seriously, even if you don't like hardcore, if you love Jesus, you will love these guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment