Friday, January 21, 2011

Hard, but Good.

That's what she said.  Sorry, couldn't resist.

On to more important matters-I went running today with my wife.  We did about twenty-five laps around a gym in a nearby church that gave us permission to run there.  I think it looked more like run five, walk one, run two, walk one, run two, walk one, run two, walk one, run two, walk one, run two, walk four and a half.  That's still fifteen laps ran, and I feel pretty good about that for a first day.  It took us a little over fifteen minutes.  I'm not thin yet, but I know that if I continue even at this meager level that it will help.  Even better, I know that I am obeying God.

On a similar note, I put in an application online yesterday (with plenty of help from my wife on the resume part).  I know that putting in one application doesn't even sound worth it to most people, and quite honestly I don't expect to ever be called by that company, but at least I put in for a job that is closer to home that I might qualify for.

Jumping around, my wife and I had a meeting at the home of a possible benefactor for The Den last night.  He invited a pastor friend and both of their wives were there as well.  We discussed the building we hope to have purchased for The Den, possible salary figures for Melissa, and (here's the kicker) what it would take salary wise for me to be able to quit my job and fully devote myself to The Den as well.  Absolutely nothing is finalized, or even close to actually being started in regards to purchasing property or receiving funds for the expenses, but it sure felt good to sit down and talk with the people that could make it happen and see that their hearts are with us.  It was one of those body of Christ moments for me.  I got to link up with some very different parts that what I am used to being connected with and see how we could possibly be working together to accomplish God's will.  (It was during this meeting that Melissa and I got permission to run in the gym, too.  The pastor friend just so happened to be the guy we needed to talk to so we could use that gym.  Kinda funny how God hooks things up some times.)

I have often heard the phrase, "God works in mysterious ways."  No denying that, but I once had a friend amend it a bit, and it stuck with me.  He said, "God works in mysterious and obvious ways together."  That way we know that we could never have done it, and we know that He did it for no other reason than his love for us and His own glory.  On a day like today, I have to say that I agree.

1 comment:

  1. So totally funny! Right after I posted this, all the ads by Google of to the side were like, "Run your first marathon" or "Buy your running shoes here." Kinda scary now that I think about it. Who's watching me that closely?

    ReplyDelete