Monday, December 6, 2010

Unwrapping a fresh CD

There are few things that I enjoy more than strapping on the headphones to check out a new album.  I find it extremely satisfying to bring home a new CD and let the process of falling in love begin.  I am absolutely blown away by one that I picked up today.  It's the new Breaker album by For Today.  It stirs my heart and directs my gaze to heaven at the same time.  And musically, it captivates me.  I think I'm on my fourth listen straight through already.  Love it!  Let the memorizing of lyrics begin.

Here's my favorite verse from the song Devastator:

Let my name be feared at the gates of hell as I exalt the Savior-
The One that died to buy my victory, and gave me a new name.
Let my name be feared at the gates of hell as I exalt the Savior.
In the name of the Holy One of God, I will cast you down at the foot of the cross He hung from.
I will stand behind my Savior as He burns your kingdom down.
And I will see you on your knees before the King of Kings.
You will lose your throne to the chosen ones.
The chosen ones will rise.

The video for that song is pretty awesome too.  I'm going to post it as well.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment