Saturday, December 10, 2011

I'm Terrified of Needing You

Please don't let my lack of reciprocation or seeking push you away.  All of my deepest wounds are based in rejection.  Every time I reach out, ask for help or even vaguely position myself to need you, I open myself up to be hurt again in the way that for me defines what it means to hurt.  So as I lay in bed, wired on the coffee I drank so that I would have enough alertness to enjoy time with my wife and two close friends, I realize that I desperately try to position myself to not need anyone and continually fail miserably at it.

Though I am unworthy of you, I need you.  Though I push you away, I need you.  Though I don't give you the credit you deserve and argue with you when you try to bring me truth, I need you.  Though I disqualify you in my mind as I find any flaw at all with your logic, attitude or execution of your motives, I need you.

I am not Uncle Sam, and I don't just want you, I need you.  I won't make it without you.  If you are a follower of Christ and God placed you in my life, I need you.  You are God's grace to me, and I desperately need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment