Thursday, May 12, 2011

Only Close Enough to be in Striking Distance

Trapped in Anger

How could you say those things to me
Worse yet, how could you mean them
Your blindness hurts me so bad
There is no way for me to understand
Every comment you fling my way
So steeped in selfishness and lies
You take the easy way out to comfort yourself
Someone convenient to blame and despise
So many things I want to confront
But you won’t stand and face me
You leave me no way to find resolve
Just this sea of rage to drown me
Every time you open your mouth
Just adds another bar to my cage
As you take the moral high ground
Your misplaced guilt to assuage
How do I defend against a phantom
How do I fight an enemy that runs away
I’m left alone, cut open and bleeding
With no one to dress the flay
My deepest wounds coming
From those that are supposed to love me
From my own blood
From this dispicable thing called my family
If this is your idea of what family is
Then you’re no kin to me
You’re nothing like me
And you’re no kin to me

No comments:

Post a Comment